At a client we had to produce a server, in order for us to have a development environment, since they couldn’t spare the server power. Odd situation, but that’s not the point. The point is that, somewhere during the installation process of this server, after installing SQL Server, we noticed that the server wasn’t a domain controller. Now the SQL Server and in particullar Reporting Services (SSRS) was installed with credentials granted to the build-in Network Services account. This account gets a new SID once we installed the domain controller, and after that SSRS started acting on us.
The new Network Services account needs to be granted modify permissions to the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\RS\TempFiles